Volusia County Birth Network is a community of parents and professionals, dedicated to promoting mother-friendly childbirth
through education, support and networking. Professional support helping you have a more satisfying childbearing experience. we recognize the physical, emotional, and spiritual aspects of the birth. It is a normal, natural process with inherent transformative power. We believe that every woman has a right to engage with all of these elements when creating a space where she can bring her child into the world.
Is to promote and support the health and well-being of mothers, babies and their families by creating a place that allows families the confidence that the professionals listed believe in the normalcy of the birthing process and empower families with knowledge so that they can make educated decisions about their care.
birth professionals in the the surrounding areas of Volusia County who work together to ensure that each woman receives the tools and information she needs to be in control of her own decisions throughout her pregnancy, birth, and postpartum.
- Freedom of movement throughout labor
- Non-supine positions for birth
- No separation of mother and baby after birth with unlimited opportunity for breastfeeding
We Also Believe.......
- All should become educated, through unbiased resources, on how to have a safer, healthier pregnancy and birth.
- Childbirth is an inherently normal process.
- Birth can safely take place at home, hospital or birth center.
- Each woman should be provided with the physical, emotional, and psychological care necessary to feel supported and informed throughout her pregnancy and birth process, instilling confidence in women and their ability to give birth.
- That empowerment through knowledge enables women and their birth companions to comfortably and authoritatively make their own decisions throughout the pregnancy and the birth.
- Women and babies have the right to avoid routine interventions that are based on convenience, policies and the norm in the USA..
- Prenatal care should be available to all woman.
- In The Coalition For Improving Maternity Services, a philosophy of care that is family focused and mother-friendly. For more information on CIMS, visit their website at www.motherfriendly.org
- In the Midwifery Model of Care which is based on the fact that
pregnancy and birth is a natural, normal event. Visit Citizens for Midwifery at www.CFMidwifery.org
Founder/Chairperson: Donna Rubens
Co-Chairperson: Rebecca Luckey, LM, CPM
Co-Leader: Brooke Smith